Please join the Ad Hoc Group for Medical Research and the Coalition for Health Funding for the first two virtual briefings in the series Medical Research & COVID-19: Updates from NIH Institutes & Centers, for coalition members and Congressional staff. NIH-supported medical research across country is a key tool in battling COVID-19 and its wide-ranging effects. This series will feature discussions with directors of NIH’s institutes and centers about how research to date and ongoing work can inform our response to the virus, as well as the impact the pandemic is having on existing research across the agency’s broad portfolio.
- Updates from the National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities (NIMHD)
- DATE: Wednesday, September 23, 2020 at 1:30pm EST
- GUEST SPEAKER: Eliseo J. Pérez-Stable, M.D., Director, NIMHD
- RSVP: To receive Zoom information, please register here by Tuesday, September 22.
- Updates from the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)
- DATE: Wednesday, September 30, 2020 at 2:30pm EST
- GUEST SPEAKER: Joshua Gordon, M.D., Ph.D., Director, NIMH
- RSVP: To receive Zoom information, please register here by Tuesday, September 29.
This briefing series is co-hosted by the Ad Hoc Group for Medical Research, a coalition of more than 330 patient and voluntary health groups, medical and scientific societies, academic and research organizations, and industry that support enhancing the federal investment in the biomedical, behavioral, and population-based research conducted and supported by the NIH, and the Coalition for Health Funding, the oldest and largest nonprofit alliance working to preserve and strengthen public health investments in the best interest of all Americans with member organizations representing more than 100 million patients and consumers, health providers, professionals, and researchers.