This award is provided to an individual who identifies as underrepresented in medicine and is an ANA member specializing in the field of epilepsy. This award is made possible through the generosity of the Persyst Development Corporation, the leading producer of EEG software.
Eligible candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Early career individuals defined as fellow, postdoc, instructor or assistant professor
- Actively working in the field of epilepsy
- Individuals who identify as underrepresented in medicine as defined by AAMC
- Current ANA member in good standing
- Agree to attend the ANA Annual meeting
- Recipients are strongly encouraged to submit an abstract for presentation during the ANA Annual Meeting poster session
The recipient of the award receives:
- $11,500 for professional development. Professional Development examples include:
- Travel/mentorship arrangement: Over a 12- to 18-month period, the individual visits up to four U.S. institutions specializing in epilepsy research, spending a week at each institution working with an epilepsy expert.
- Enrollment in a relevant certificate course or master’s degree course
- Enrollment in a relevant leadership training course (such as ELAM for women leaders, https://drexel.edu/medicine/academics/womens-health-and-leadership/elam/) or Strategies for Building and Leading Diverse Organizations: Curriculum | Harvard Kennedy School
- Gratis Annual Meeting Registration
- Up to $2,000 travel and lodging reimbursement to attend the ANA Annual Meeting
- Commemorative plaque
Applications must include the following:
1. Nominee’s CV
2. Nomination Statement that discusses why the candidate should be selected for the award. This is an opportunity to showcase important work that may not be readily apparent from the CV. Maximum of 300 words
3. Proposed plan of how the award will be used for professional development. Maximum 300 words
4. Letter of recommendation from Chair or Division Director that includes their commitment to supporting the proposed professional development activities
Please check back in early 2022 for Application/Nomination Forms.