Policymakers and private insurers are making critical decisions about whether to extend or make permanent key telehealth flexibilities that were implemented in response to COVID-19. To help ensure the neurology community’s telehealth priorities are preserved beyond the public health emergency, the AAN is hosting a virtual advocacy campaign “Speak Up for Telehealth” on July 28-29 to empower patients and providers to influence policymakers on this critical issue.
The AAN’s Speak Up for Telehealth advocacy toolkit is available at aan.com/telehealth. The resources in this toolkit make it easy to take the following actions:
- Learn about telehealth policy changes
- Register to attend the AAN's Telehealth Town Hall on July 29 at 1:00pm ET featuring Representative Mikie Sherrill (D-NJ-11)
- Contact Congress
- Contact your state government officials
- Post on social media
- Share a story about how telemedicine has impacted you, which will be leveraged in future AAN Advocacy
- Submit an op-ed to your local paper
- Submit a letter to private payors
We encourage you to participate in this important campaign.