The ANA-NINDS Career Development Symposium is designed to provide you with the essential tools to enhance your ability to write successful grant proposals and to obtain grant funding from NIH and other institutions. This course is part of the American Neurological Association’s Annual Meeting each year.
Now in its fifteenth year, this Career Development Symposium, is designed for clinician-scientists with NIH career development awards (K08 and K23) and will be chaired by senior neurologists and neuroscientists who have proven success in career building and navigation, scientific grant writing, networking, and balancing clinical and research efforts. In addition senior staff from the NINDS will provide advice concerning the mechanisms involved in grant submission and evaluation.
Past attendees to this symposium have received a syllabus including the following:
- Course Agenda
- Mentoring Session Pairings
- Speaker/Mentor Listing
- Speaker/Mentor Biographies
- Overview of NINDS Funding Mechanisms
- Writing a Grant Application: An Informal Guide
- NIH Websites
- Bibliography of Recommended Readings
- K-Awardee Attendee Listing
- K-Awardee Abstracts by Poster Number
This session is not to be missed.