The ANA Highlights Neurogenetics program is chaired by Dr. M. Elizabeth Ross, Nathan Cummings Professor and Head, Laboratory of Neurogenetics and Development, Director, Center for Neurogenetics at Weill Cornell Medicine. The ANA Highlights bite-size learning program is chaired by Michelle C. Johansen, MD, PhD, Assistant Professor of Neurology, Cerebrovascular Division at the Johns Hopkins Hospital.
The ANA received a grant from Illumina in support of this activity.
This program is comprised of four chapters in the following topics and includes short (~15 minutes), pre-recorded videos. Following this activity, the ANA expects learners to be more confident in their ability to:
- Understand the different types of neurogenetic testing available today, and prospects for future developments
- Advise patients knowledgeably about the utility and advisability of genetic testing
- Communicate and collaborate more effectively with genetic counselors
- Recognize the legal and ethical issues involved with neurogenetic testing
- Improve patient care through the above-listed capabilities
Interviewer/Producer: Dr. Michelle Johansen
Interviewer/Producer: Dr. M. Elizabeth Ross
Interviewer/Producer: Dr. Andrea Gropman
Interviewer/Producer: Dr. Jennifer Orthmann-Murphy
Interviewer/Producer: Dr. Peter Todd