Deadline: The application deadline was May 1, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. PDT. Applications are no longer being accepted.
The purpose of the International Outreach Travel Scholarship is to allow young neurologists the opportunity to pursue their global interests in neurology. This opportunity will take advantage of the excellent mentorship opportunities within the ANA membership and catapult new collaborations for future careers in a variety of neurological disciplines. The travel scholarship provides reimbursement up to but not to exceed $5000 for roundtrip airfare, country entry, medical evacuation, and repatriation insurance (if institutional insurance is unavailable), visas, medical license, accommodations, and local transport during an abroad rotation, and/or vaccinations/travel-related medications.
Eligible candidates include ANA Members who are neurology residents, fellows or junior faculty and are within the first three years from the start date of their first faculty appointment at the time of application. Candidates must provide:
- A named mentor in the applicant's location of training who is an ANA member with at least Assistant Professor level appointment
- A letter of support from a host institution in a low or middle-income country
- Three unique letters of recommendation
- A letter from the Chair of Residency Director confirming availability to attend the Annual Meeting in the year the following travel to present a poster and/or data blitz
- A proposal which includes: (see more detail in File Upload Section II)
- Educational opportunity for the candidate
- Benefit for the neurological care of patients at the receiving institution
- Educational opportunity for trainees of the receiving institution
- Collaborative research opportunity between the US and receiving institution