The window for submitting applications for 2021 is not yet open
A notification will be sent to all ANA members when the submission window opens
The purpose of the International Outreach Travel Scholarship is to allow young neurologists the opportunity to pursue their global interests in neurology. This opportunity will take advantage of the excellent mentorship opportunities within the ANA membership and catapult new collaborations for future careers in a variety of neurological disciplines. The travel scholarship provides reimbursement up to but not to exceed $5000 for roundtrip airfare, country entry, medical evacuation, and repatriation insurance (if institutional insurance is unavailable), visas, medical license, accommodations, and local transport during an abroad rotation, and/or vaccinations/travel-related medications.
Eligible candidates include ANA Members who are neurology residents, fellows or junior faculty and are within the first three years from the start date of their first faculty appointment at the time of application. Candidates must provide:
- Three letters of recommendation:
- letter from a named mentor who is an ANA member with at least Assistant Professor level appointment
- letter of support from a host institution in a low or middle-income country
- letter from the appropriate supervisor: chair of the department for faculty; fellowship director for fellows; and residency director for residents, confirming availability to attend the Annual Meeting iand present a poster and/or data blitz in the year following travel.
- A proposals which follows the outline provided in this PDF: ( link to downloaded PDF here)
- a proposal which includes: (see more detail in File Upload Section II) THIS SECTION MAY BE TAKEN OUT IN PLACE OF THE PDF
- Educational opportunity for the candidate
- Benefit for the neurological care of patients at the receiving institution
- Educational opportunity for trainees of the receiving institution
- Collaborative research opportunity between the US and receiving institution
- Proposed timeline for travel